Logo Image
return to the previous page





report offensive content
click to view site advert 2

click to view site advert 3


text version




Extra 500 houses

School Governors

Protect Pavilion

2009 Yellow lines

2009 One Council

Betrayal of Trust

St Eds and Milford

2008 KeenTo Chat

Community Safety

Close Post Office

2008 One Council

2008 Culture

2008 New Year

Wilts One Council

BFarm Retail Park

BFarm roads

New role Culture

The Bigger Picture

Election Pledges


New role Community

Q Beverley Hughes

Q Patricia Hewitt

Stratford Rd parki

Childrens Centres

Childrens Trust

Bass Connections

First Mths at WCC

bookmark this website print this page    
2008 Working for You in St Edmunds and Milford

Young people cared for in the community
At the request of a local resident, I have met recently with the managers of the children’s home in Wyndham Road. I am able to report that the young people who are cared for in this home have a curfew of 9.45pm, that 75% of the girls are in full-time education and the other 25% have a tailored programme of education and activities, and that the manager speaks regularly with many of their neighbours.

Lorries Lorries Lorries
At the request of another local resident, I have arranged for a new sign to be put up at the junction of Endless Street and Chipper Lane to prevent lorries getting stuck in Wyndham Road.

Better access for Motorised wheelchairs
An elderly lady in Milford has contacted me to express concern that many pavements in the city centre are not suitable for motorised wheelchairs. I have set up a meeting with the highways department, to take place when the resident has fully recovered from a recent stay in hospital.

On receiving a complaint that ‘boy- racers’ were speeding late at night on Wain-a-long road, some 6 nights out of 7, I alerted the local police who agreed to keep watch and take action as appropriate.