Logo Image
return to the previous page

 

 

 

 

report offensive content
click to view site banner advert 2

click to view site banner advert 3

 

text version

 

 

Homepage

Trustee Updates

Charity Commission

Download Reader

Pictures

Cricket Club

bookmark this website print this page    


   

Dinton Recreation Ground

A picture for Dinton-Recreation-Ground

On the 22nd October 1920, land that was known as Cotterils Close was made available to the Parish of Dinton, under the custody of three named trustees for a conditional yearly rent of one pound and one shilling, for use as a public recreation ground under the Recreation Grounds Act 1859 and became known as Dinton Recreation Ground.

When the lands owner, Bertram Erasmus Philipps, at the time owner of Dinton Park and Philipps House, died intestate in 1947, his brother and personal representative, Baron Milford, agreed to remove the condition from the trust.

Dinton Recreation Ground is now a registered charity under the custody of seven trustees.

The following play equipment is currently available:

  • An Enclosed Junior Play Area
  • Various Swings
  • Slide
  • See-Saw

The following facilities may also be available although booking and permission is required for formal use.

  • Cricket Pitch
  • Football Pitch
  • Sports Pavilion with Changing Rooms